Thursday, May 7, 2009

Superhero, super image

If I was a superhero I'd need a suite or costume that can disguise me whenever I kicked arse.

Does your superpower influence the way you dress or is it the other way around? If I had the power of fire would I want to dress in blue? Or I'd dress in blue regardless because the colour alone had nothing to do with my superpower?

I go through the same dilemma every morning before school. Its where I spend half an hour planning and deciding my outfit. I keep asking myself whether I defined who I was or my clothes defined me. The same question replays like crazy in my head. "Maybe I wore that shirt because it complimented 'my' figure" or "Maybe I wore that shirt because it says 'I'm a Bitch' ." (kudos to BB) . I still haven't settled with an answer yet.

I'm thinking of whether it is actually important to pick between wearing my undies on the outside or wearing a swim suit in the cold. And if I wanted to save a soul, would I be more fussed about finding a phone booth to change in or straight away save the poor old lady from a landslide? Come to think of it, usually the superhero costumes are tightly fitted around muscular and well shaped bodies. I've noticed how lots of people don't have noticably ripped and toned figures. I mean sure if you're really busty or have a good package, why not flaunt what you've got. I guess we're just a simple bi-product of generations and generations of puny-futile mortals. Me, for instance, am a twig and can snap in half anytime. My optometrist also said I may need glasses by the end of college, thus the celebration of a puny and futile existence continues.

Anyways if I did have the figure of Elle Macpherson, Hiedi Klum and Beyonce (with tad bit of George Clooney) combined, I'd definitely be in a pair of blue hot pants and a red tank top saving the world. As long as I don't stand next to a pole, I won't give anybody the wrong message. But...no its deemed more normal to look disproportionate and imperfect in our current society. So to be accepted by peers its recognised that you shouldn't wear tight fitting and revealing costumes. Its easier that way, apparently.




As I said previously, its probably easier just to wear something more conventional.

No comments:

Post a Comment